Benefits of Core Aeration
- Loosens compacted soil and increases the availability of water and nutrients.
- Enhances oxygen levels in the soil, which stimulates root growth and enhances the activity of thatch-decomposing organisms.
- While removing cores of soil, the spoons or tines also sever roots, rhizomes and stolons. Grass plants are stimulated to produce new shoots and roots that “fill up” the holes in the lawn and increase the density of the turf.
- Reduces water runoff, increases water infiltration and percolation, and improves drainage.
- Increases the lawn’s drought tolerance due to enhanced root growth and improves its overall health.